Monday, January 24, 2011

too cute!!

Last Wednesday, I [Paula] was leaving for the bank and came upon a newborn! It was such a cold day to be all wet, too. I got out of the vehicle and determined that Mama Angus calved a heifer. The poor thing was shivering to beat all. After returning from town, I got the barn ready so they could move inside when Eric got home. That little girl needed to be out of the wind. A few days later, we extended the corral outside so they could enjoy the sunshine.

She's a special little calf because she's the first Angus/Dexter heifer. All the other crosses are bull-calves. I just figured it was God's way of helping me keep them straight. Guess I'll have to tie a pink bow around her neck! Right now she lets me walk up and pet her, but that won't last long after she & Mama return to the herd in a few days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home